China Steel Corporation (CSC), located at Kaohsiung, Taiwan, was founded in December 1971. With annual production (in terms of crude steel) around 10 million tonnes, CSC produces a range of products including plates, bars, wire rods, hot and cold rolled coils, electrogalvanized coils, electrical steel coils, hot-dip galvanized coils, and Ti/Ni-base alloy. The domestic market takes roughly 70% of CSC’s production and the exports take the remaining 30%. CSC is the largest steel company in Taiwan, enjoying more than 50% of the domestic market. Major export destinations are Mainland China (including HongKong), Japan and Southeast Asia.
CSC is very active in innovation and has strong capability to put the innovations into practice. The company’s vision is “We aspire to be a trustworthy steel company of global distinction that pursues growth, environmental protection, energy saving and value-innovation.” CSC actively puts into practice its corporate value of “teamwork, entrepreneurial approach, down-to-earthness and pursuit of innovation”, as well as its operational beliefs of “promotion of social well-being, result orientation, implementation of teamwork, and emphasis on employees’ self-realization.” CSC keeps deepening the roots for its core business in steel, and is devoted to integrate the related downstream industries to foster healthy development and international competitiveness of Taiwan's steel related industry.
CSC was awarded the “National Quality Award” from the Executive Yuan (Cabinet) in 1991; the “Distinguished Innovation Accomplishment Award” from the Ministry of Economic Affairs in 2009; the only award of “Leading Company of Maintenance and Reliability KPIs Survey Project, 2013” from the World Steel Association; inclusion in the FTSE4Good Index by FTSE Russell in 2017; the world steel industry leader, gold class and silver class distinction by DJSI and RebocoSAM between 2013 and 2018. These achievements signifying that CSC’s accomplishments in R&D, innovation, production, maintenance, and corporate social responsibility have long been acknowledged by the domestic and oversea industries and the public.
In order to enhance its operational synergy, CSC has diversified its businesses. Presently CSC and its 26 subsidiaries constitute the “CSC Group” in five business areas: steel, engineering and construction, industrial materials, logistics, and services & investments. The CSC Group, positioning its status toward “A group, which deems environmental protection and energy saving important, bases its headquarters in Taiwan, centers its development in Asia, and focuses on the business scope of steels and materials, engineering and services, and minerals and resources.” is proactively making efforts to become a resource-saving and eco-friendly group of global distinction.
1 Chung-Kang Road,Siaogang District, Kaohsiung 81233, Taiwan, R.O.C.
China Steel Building
No.88, Chenggong 2nd Rd.,
Taipei Liaison Office
CHINA STEEL CORPORATION 28A/F Taipei 101 Tower 7 Xin-Yi Road, Section 5 Taipei 110, Taiwan
1F, Osaka U2 Bldg., 4-7 Uchihonmachi 2-Chome, Chuoku, Osaka 540-0026 Japan